Pages

Monday 21 March 2011

Handmade Monday: More recent projects

Right - I'm determined to take part in Handmade Monday this week!! It's a great idea by Wendy at 1st Unique Gifts and I really need motivating at the moment, so here are some recent bits of work. Don't forget to look at Wendy's blog and see what the other participants have been up to - it's always a good read.

It's been an unusually busy couple of weeks - I've had so many bookings for baby castings (which is what I get up to when I'm not knitting/crocheting). I offer a home visit service, so have been driving around lovely Staffordshire to see cute, cuddly babies - not a bad way to spend your time :)

The end result of all this is now on my drying rack waiting to be finished off and framed!

Baby casts drying off

I've also had plenty of orders for wooden name letters to keep me busy - here's one that went out last week. I think I quite like the Union Jack pattern! I used Emma Bridgewater patterned paper and am really pleased with how the colours stayed nice and bright under all that varnish.

Wooden letters for walls

There have been requests for more bunny nuggets too - they make great little Easter gifts if you don't want to give your kids too much chocolate! I must get round to making a basketful before my next craft fair....

More bunny nuggets!!

Finally, I finished my crochet bunting - so here it is - well, most of it!

Finished 'granny' bunting

Hopefully, I will have some little baby bootees to show you soon - I've got some lovely soft cotton yarn, and have seen some fab patterns... 

Oh, and one final thing - totally unrelated to handmade things! Please, PLEASE try and remember to change your internet/email etc. passwords and security things regularly - my husband's email and ebay account was hacked into over the weekend and he nearly ended up 'buying' thousands of pounds worth of quadbikes! We have up-to-date virus software, firewalls etc. so goodness knows how they did it. Luckily he spotted something was amiss and fingers crossed, we think we've regained control of our accounts.
Very scary though...

See you soon :)

13 comments:

  1. Love the bunny nuggets and good for you over the baby casting sales, can understand why they would be so popular. Sorry about the hacking thankfully I use a MAC much harder to hack into but certainly worth remembering to change passwords, off to do just that now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been busy! The photo of all those little hand and feet casts made me smile - they are so sweet!

    Sorry to hear about your hacking problem - what a nightmare, thank God he noticed it in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what an amazing post - and such amazing handmade gorgeousness. They are so diverse but all equally lovely.

    Oh, and the hacking thing: if your password is a word that's in the dictionary or a name, they apparently have software to keep trying till they get in. My PayPal was hacked a while back - hard lesson but passwords should be uncrackable! Upper case, lower case, numbers and punctuation.

    Rant over - thanks for taking part in HM x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so many lovely things to look at. I'm filled with jealousy! Those bunny nuggets are soo adorable. Anna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bunnies!!! I can see why you've been so busy with all those castings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Baby castings - when I first heard of them - mine had all grown up but I thought it was a wonderful idea. No wonder your so busy! Love the crochet bunting too.
    Thanks for the tip re. security passwords!
    Happy Handmade Monday!
    Rebecca xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the letters, I agree the Union Jack pattern really makes them stand out and so patriotic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good advice there from Wendy on the password cracking :-)

    I love the picture of all the little hands and feet and as you say it really not a bad way to spend your time driving about seeing babies :-)

    Thanks for sharing :-)

    Pop over to my blog www.silverthistlebeads.com/blog/ for my Handmade Monday post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant post with so much in it.
    The bunting is really different, i like it.
    Thanks for the password warning, not something i would have thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you have been busy. I love those baby hand and foot prints and the bunny nuggets, sooo cute. Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely range of Handmade Monday goods! My favourite has to be the wooden wall letters - great way to decorate a child's wall! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omgosh how cute are the bunny nuggets :)
    Soooo lovely

    Kimberley xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the granny bunting.

    The good news is that e-bay and Paypal are really good with suspicious transactions - when I was selling a bike before Christmas they were so supportive when they thought that the people who were buying it were ne'er do wells!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments and ideas - please feel free :-)