Pages

Monday 14 November 2011

A busy month of knitting and crochet

Oh dear! It's been rather a long time since my last post - I don't know where the time has gone!

So what have I been up to? Well, after my little foray into felting I bought some needlefelting equipment and have had a little play around - and made these little felt hearts as a starter project. They are lovely and squishy, but I'm not really sure they have much use!!

Little needlefelted hearts


Perhaps I'll hang on to them until Valentines Day and they can be used as little table decorations - or can you think of any uses for them?

I also knitted and then felted a little table mat for my daughter, then decorated it with some needlefelted flowers and twirly bits - it was a bit of an experiment (as always!) but she loves it, and it really brightens up her bedside table.

Daughter's bright colourful felted mat!

I've been busy with lots of orders for crocheted baby bootees too!
I have them listed in my Giftwrapped and Gorgeous online store, from which I get a steady flow of orders. I also went along to a couple of local 'Babysensory' classes to set up a display of my goodies (both my handmade bits and my baby castings) and got LOADS of orders from there!

I created a little owl hat to go with some boots too - here you go!

Crocheted baby owl hat and bootees

Next on the list is going to be a little hat with teddy bear ears I think - they still seem to be popular this autumn.

I've also made myself a cowl - it's not often I get time to make something just for me! Luckily, it's made in such a way that you can do it piece by piece so it was a case of doing little and often - I love the way the colours blend from one to another.



The new project for me (or rather our home) is going to be a crocheted throw! The pattern is out of a magazine I bought a while back, and I'm hoping it's going to be a good way to use up all my odds and ends of wool. Here's an idea of what I hope it will look like and here are the few squares I've done so far.

5 down, 94 to go!!

Finally, I also got round to using up some of my ever-growing stash of yarn - I made a second monster! If you missed the first one, you can read about him here.
This one is really cuddly and soft, and made from hand-dyed wool which has sat in my wool-bag for about a year. Here it is :)


The greeny coloured one is still in progress by the way - just one more arm to go!

Well, that's enought rambling from me - don't forget to check out the other blogs taking part in Handmade Monday.

See you next time - I will try and post something sooner rather than later! xx

7 comments:

  1. You have been busy but good to have you back, love the monster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike on the needlefelted hearts! Love those little boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy time, love the crochet pieces and I'm intrigued with 'felting' - not ventured into that yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you please stop making things I want to own :) Sock monster is amazing, but I want the hat. You can't beat goggly owl eyes. Nice to see so many lovely items in one post. Make me wanna spend money before Christmas. Naughty Jenny ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the little monster! Perhaps he needs a little hand felted heart.... I'm just sayin... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely selection of projects! Love the mat, very different. I'm sure those hearts will have lots of embellishment uses and maybe crafters would buy them as they are to add to cards, collage, lavender bags, etc?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I love the idea of adding a little heart to the monster!! Thank you for your great ideas everyone :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments and ideas - please feel free :-)