and then there was a Versatile Blogger award from With U in mind
so thank you both very much! I'm afraid I'm going to cheat and combine the two into one post, mainly because I'll never find the time to do them both separately!
And now the tricky bit.... because I have to think of 7 random things about myself to tell you, which is really difficult because I don't want to bore you all to death. Anyway, here we go....
- I am addicted to my iphone - my husband must be cursing the day he bought me an ipod touch!
- I am currently reading 'The Girl Who Played With Fire'.
- I once reversed into my husband's car on our own driveway - wasn't I popular that day! Not one, but two lots of insurance to sort out!
- I love eating peanut butter and raspberry jam sandwiches.
- Before I had the kids, hubby and I used to travel all over the country birdwatching.
- I have a degree in classical music, and play the oboe and piano.
- I taught myself to crochet about 18 months ago.
Now for 7 of my favourite blogs - all of them are recent discoveries really, since I only started blogging this year and am still finding so many good reads...
- The Lime Garden - Anna makes gorgeous things, and blogs about other things including books and health stuff.
- LottyBlue - my friend has recently rediscovered her love of vintage and mid-century items, so her blog is full of lovely items and tales of times gone by.
- The Linen Cat - Beth used to know my hubby when they lived up in Yorkshire, and we discovered her again via twitter! Her creations are gorgeous!
- Grace Marshall is an amazing lady - a wonderful life and business coach. Her blog is full of great advice on anything from combining business with family life, growing confidence, setting goals, how to survive the summer hols etc. etc.
- Growing Spirit - a lovely lady who has recently discovered her artistic side, and blogs about her family and her healing business.
- Views from my Garden Gate - if you live in a town or city like me, then this blog will transport you to the Staffordshire countryside! Angela is also a talented jewellery maker.
- Feltmeup Designs - it's amazing what you can make from wool! These creations are just adorable, and the markings on the birds are very true to life, which I really admire.
I hope you find time to have a look at the lovely blogs listed above - I shall hopefully be back tomorrow for a Handmade Monday post so see you then!